A fun and fascinating behind-the-scenes tour at the world’s biggest Sun bear sanctuary!
Find out what it takes to care for over 120 rescued Sun bears and Moon bears on the BEAR CARE TOUR, an exciting behind-the-scenes tour with the Free the Bears team at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre. If you've ever been wild about bears and wanted to learn more about why they are threatened in Cambodia then this is your chance! Tour our world class facilities and learn about our Education Programme, Research Programme and what we are doing to build a brighter future for bears in the wild. Help the Bear Care Team to prepare food and special treats to keep the bears happy and healthy in their forest enclosures. Best of all, by taking part in this unique experience you'll be contributing directly towards helping care for bears rescued from the illegal wildlife trade.
YOUR DAY AT A GLANCE:
- 08.00 Pick up from Joma Cafe, corner of Norodom and Street 294
- 09.00 Arrive at the wildlife rescue centre and receive an educational presentation about Free the Bears and our work
- 10:00 Join the Education Team on a tour of the bear sanctuary
- 11.00 Help the Bear Care Team prepare enrichment toys and special treats for the bears
- 12.00 Traditional Khmer lunch (Vegetarians catered for) and a bit of time to rest and relax
- 13.00 Tour of more fascinating wildlife at Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre
- 15:00 Help the keepers hide food in the bear’s forest enclosures and watch them enjoy the fruits of your labour
- 16.00 Leave the centre to return to Phnom Penh by 17.30
At only $90 per person, participant fees include return transportation from phnom penh to the sanctuary, park entrance fees, lunch, guided tour, and an official t-shirt and sports bottle. All profits support the care of rescued bears in Cambodia.
PLEASE NOTE: direct contact with the bears is not possible under any circumstances, these are rescued wild animals and we want them to enjoy as natural a life as possible. Participants should also bring closed footwear, sunscreen and suitable clothing for a day in the forest.