Bear Care Tour Vietnam
Get special behind-the-scenes access to a rescued bear sanctuary with our Bear Care Tour. Hear the moving stories of the rescued bears, meet the bears and help the Bear Care Team prepare food and enrichment treats. You'll be delighted watching the bears search and gobble down the treats you've hidden. An exciting and unique once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Please book a Bear Care Tour of our gorgeous Cat Tien Bear Sanctuary, situated within the stunning Cat Tien National Park in southern Vietnam at least one full day in advance as we have limited resources and need to prepare for the tour.
To make a reservation please email email@example.com or call +84 (0) 96 161 9942
Note: If you contact us in the evening or on weekends, it may take time for us to respond
Funds raised from your Bear Care Tour contribute directly to the care of the animals you’ll meet.
Bear Care Tour: 8am-11am OR 1pm-4pm daily
(Full-day volunteer experiences are possible, subject to availability. Please get in touch if interested)
Our gorgeous Cat Tien Bear Sanctuary is situated in the protected forest of Cat Tien National Park, just 150km north of Ho Chi Minh City in southern Vietnam. The national park is also a popular bird-watching destination, full of birds and other wildlife which you may be lucky enough to see on your tour.
- 08:00/13:00: meet at Cat Tien National Park Visitor Centre before a short drive to Cat Tien Bear Sanctuary. Learn about the history and work of Free the Bears & take a special behind-the-scenes tour, meeting the animals and gaining access to areas not open to the public
- 09:00/14:00: Help the team hide food in the bear’s forest enclosures & watch the bears enjoy the fruits of your labour
- 11:00/16:00: End of tour, after which you are free to enjoy the rest of what Cat Tien National Park has to offer.
Minimum donation for the tour is USD50 or 1,100,000 VND per person (kids 0-3 - FREE, kids 4-15 - 50% of adult).
(Maximum of 12 people per tour)
- Free the Bears does not supply transport to/from Cat Tien National Park. Buses from Ho Chi Minh City are available.
- Please make sure you allow plenty of time to arrive to the Cat Tien National Park Visitor Centre before the 09:30 or 13:30 start time for the tour. Feeding times are set and a late arrival may mean you miss out. Cat Tien National Park is accessed with a ferry river crossing which may require some additional time.
- You will be required to pay an entrance fee to Cat Tien National Park of VND 60,000 per person. The cost of the ferry is included in the entrance fee. Free the Bears does not benefit from the entrance fee, nor do we have the authority to waive the fee for Free the Bears visitors or volunteers.
- Direct contact with the bears is not possible under any circumstances - these are rescued wild animals & we want them to enjoy as natural a life as possible.
- We advise to bring closed footwear suitable for walking in the forest, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent, reusable water bottle and raincoats in the rainy season.
Get in touch now to book a trip - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +84 (0) 96 161 9942